A Viswamitra's Awakening: Of Vows, Moles, and Neuralinks

 We’ve all been there: you make a perfectly respectable, completely noble vow to be a saintly "friend of the world," and then life hands you an interrogation room, a strangely firm handshake, and an existential crisis. Standard Tuesday, right? 

In today’s post, Manoj takes us down a surreal rabbit hole where ancient spiritual vows smash headfirst into modern anxieties, Neuralinks, and the unexpected gravity of facial moles. It turns out that fighting your inner demons is hard enough, but it gets significantly more complicated when you realize you might actually be the monster starring in someone else’s nightmares. Part high-stakes drama, part theological mixtape (featuring special guests Saint Paul and Nebuchadnezzar), this piece explores what happens when love refuses to be neat, polite, or particularly convenient. 

Grab a coffee, lock up your ribs, and dive into this beautifully chaotic vision of a loving rogue just trying to locate his missing link.


*A Viswamitra's Awakening: Of Vows, Moles, and Neuralinks*


Was it a strange sensation, or a strong handshake,

That steadied my weary palms?

Or was it a love that says, "Don't worry, Manoj, I’ve got your back"?

The cake, the exciting thesis, the working network,

The South, the North, and the mix of both.

The pink pencil and the lead,

The brown-green peaceful writing on the wall,

Could not break the Viswamitra vow—

The vow to be a friend of the world. 


But the brave Al-Gult and that strong handshake

Left a lasting mark, outdoing the vow in a span of weeks.

Aging reversed; thick hair returned.

Facial wrinkles did not oblige.

The wonder made me notice divine grace

Unfolding in an interrogation line. 


Did she dream, or was it a lie?

I never thought the grand old guy of NT

Could inspire dreams raw and bright.

Was I the monster, or Viswamitra divine?

Then I reasoned: why would Al-Gult fear the vow-less vow factor? 


Captivated, I just dreamed about the dream one full night.

Was I Daniel, wrestling with Nebuchadnezzar's vision divine?

Revealer of dreams, unveil her nightmare;

Help me find the monster in me, I cried.

The steady smile, the deep eyes,

The folklore of spirits lying in trees of brown, green, and yellow divine—

I didn't notice the flower in the middle of the sea.

Was it I—the monster that she feared to see? 


Weird, I thought.

The headhunters, hiding behind the brown pane,

Peeping into my empty space, lighting it with an eternal flame.

The eye-fire game—oh, I love it. Has it a name? 


The dream I dreamt that one night took my sleep away.

I wondered if I lived a dream, or dreamed a life

With her beautiful face, the heart chambers beautifully carved.

I saw her close up to discern the lines.

Did an allergic itch touch her nose flap,

Or was I looking too close lest I miss the brownish moles?

I never liked marks on my face;

I thought they distorted every countenance, ever so neat.

But those moles, placed at intervals divine,

Made me restless all night. 


Man, the pillow would complain if he had the option

To meet his Lord once in a while.

You held me so tight; now look at me—

I am wrinkling from your pressure divine.

Did I hold on to her too fast, or was it a passing thing?

Still, the pillow's witness clarified my liking.

How I miss you, my missing link. 


They say it was a rib that went missing,

But it seems in this age, only links work; ribs are demanded less.

Even Neuralink knew the only way to see through a brain

Is a link, and not a missing rib. 


So Viswamitra woke up. It was still early.

His Greek prayers made him happy.

After all, now it is NT all the way—

Why worry about Shakespeare and his sway?

For her, I can do NT ten times over. 


Now, Ephesians 5 seems right:

"Hai Gunaikes," Paul says, "submit to your husbands in all your ways."

Husbands, love your wives as you love your own self.

Nobody hates their own body or beats it up.

After all, in the dream, I did not appear as a monster

Preying on a brown deer fleeing from the scene. 


So what was the dream all about?

Was it the dream she had already dreamed?

I saw her glowing and capsizing my heart,

Her magical smile and grace intact.

The hair still worried me—what if it got into my nose once in a while?

I thought she could tie it up a bit; that would ease my pressure a bit.

I love chotis, but not double, for that suits kids, not young women.

So many hairstyles I looked through to find the one

That will make her look gorgeous and beautiful. 


Was the Viswamitra vow still intact,

Or did the chotis and smiles tear it apart?

The monster in me already died,

For I never thought her dreams were anything but nice. 


As I recalled what the interrogator said:

"The trauma is so intense that the only thing she sees is your face at night.

When she closes her eyes, your face comes up, makes its mark, and never leaves."

I was awed, man.

I wanted to be within her reach,

For the walls of the establishment went high and broad,

Blocking my every view from the start. 


Now, I rely on dreams past,

Her Al-Gult dance and mystical eyes.

May I buy her for a bride price?

I offer my everything in exchange for a life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Jesus Christ, The Light of Life and Love, this Diwali

The Altar of the Unapproved

You Think You Know Me?