Hyperboles and Hearts: Beyond the Geyser and Gehenna

Disclaimer

This text is purely a work of magic, imagination, and artistic expression. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons—living, dead, or navigating the complexities of theological debate—is entirely coincidental. The creators claim no responsibility or liability for real-world reflections, sudden romantic revelations, or spontaneous changes in marital status resulting from this reading. It is intended solely as a work of art.


You there?

I asked.

She said: who's it?

I replied: it's me. 

: Oh, okay. 

: What's your problem?

: Why are you here? 

Oh well, I thought,

I could brain storm

About my proposal 

: Proposal? 

: What proposal?

It's about you... oops,

It's all about you... oops,

It's about the M. Th. 

: Oh, I see, 

How can I help you?

Me: thanking God wholeheartedly.

Waiting for a still small voice 

To guide me.

Well, it's about Jesus 

: Okay

And, his hyper boles

: Oh, what's there in it?

Jesus speaks a lot in hyperboles

: Okay

He is critiquing his contemporaries

About the way they make martial laws... 

Oops... Marital laws.

Is it fair to get a divorce before getting married

: It seems absurd.

: Let me see. 

: Where's it?

Jesus said, no

If you lustfully look

At another man's wife

It is adultery.

: So?

Well, how can I know

Whose wife you will be?

Oh that, that's interesting 

Well, no, perhaps, it's not

: Why? 

Because you are unmarried

How can you know?

: Oh, so what's the confusion with divorce

If your spouse commits adultery

For instance, Eye-fires gazing

Is it fair to get a divorce?

: Hyperbolically, it seems so...

So, if you are still unmarried 

and you know not and 

I know not who you will marry

Is adultery a cause for a future divorce

: Well, let me check

: Did Jesus say so?

He didn't actually 

He is only talking about married women it seems

: How do you know that?

There's a different word in Greek for virgin girls

And the word here is used only for 

Married women!

: So, only if you gaze at somebody else's wife

Hyperbole has a problem. 

Otherwise, it seems Eye-fires won't qualify for adultery.

: You're correct

: What an insight 

: You're a genius

: A brilliant man 

: But what about divorce.

: Is it not adultery?

Oh... That

Keener after keen clean observation 

Noted that all divorcees are not adulterers 

By default. Jesus is overstating

The significance of marriage 

by exaggerating the divorce clause.

After all, who is going to gouge out 

their left eye or cut off their right arm 

if it caused them to sin?

: That's true

: It's a hyperbole

: A genre 

And, not meant to be obeyed literally 

But to make a point πŸ‘‰ 

so that you may know

It is a matter of deep concern

Well, then what's the matter 

of concern in our proposal?

: Which proposal 

I mean, You and I (Kei–Nung)

: You mean a hyperbole?

I thought so

You have a good humor sense, don't ya?

I was serious though

: Let's get through with the brain storming 

: so, where are we?

The hyperbole 

It exaggerates ideas

To stun people so that they would pay heed

To what's appropriate 

: So, what's appropriate 

I don't think Jesus hates us 

gazing at animal beauty 😍 

: Which animal?

Homo sapiens sapiens

The wise animals! 

: Oh... So that's the point

Oh no, that's not the full point

: What's the complete point, Genius?

Hmm....

Your face is beautiful 

I can barely take my eyes

Off it any day

And, it seems I am staring at you

To those who see from a long distance 

But I'm not staring

I'm admiring 

: What?

The Text?

It comes out in various patterns 

and I get lost in my thoughts 

Oh, you already made that big excuse

Certainly, it seems 

Text is sometimes better than animal beauty

: What do you mean?

: You think we do makeup in vain?

Oh yeah, Paul also felt he had laboured in vain.

: I didn't see you in many days

: Where were you?

 Your Birbal was cooking a pot of khichadi

: What's that?

You know the story? Don't you?

A man agreed to stand in icy cold water all night for a prize the King would give

: So?

He made it, but the king did not oblige

: Why?

The King asked him how he manage the cold

He said he saw a bright flame 

in the King's palace from a distance 

and it kept him there.

The king refused his reward

for using the flame.

Birbal felt the poor man 

was not treated well.

He didn't go to the palace for a few days

The king wondered what's going on

Only to find Birbal hanging a small pot 

at long distance from a flame 

to make Khichadi

The king laughed!

It's impossible, Birbal

Even if you keep it for hundreds of days

The khichadi won't get cooked

Birbal smiled.

If the man can stay in the cold water 

all night gazing at a flame, 

why can't our khichadi get cooked?

Akbar knew he was wrong 

To deny the man his lift in life

But the humble king,

Lowered his pride and

Honoured the man.


They told me to stay away from all animals

That have a lovely face

It seems my eyes irritate their sleep

And they dream about 

my dark brown eyes and lovely face

: Oh, we don't dream

: We just see you through

Then, tell me what I think of you?

: That's a bad question 

: The good question is

: Why do you think of me?

I love you. Will you marry me?

Proposal over?!!! πŸ’¬ Vow.. I take a leap 🦘

: Why not? 

Tomorrow is a good day. 

: Let's do the hyperboles today.

I feel disappointed with Jesus 

for speaking in hyperboles.

: Why so?

See! He didn't like the Pharisees

He didn't like the Sadducees

He wanted to defend the Tax collectors 

So, you know what he did?

: What, Genius?

He exaggerated laws 

Moses had given

To make them ponder, yonder, wonder 

Was he crazy or the law was true?

They did get the point

Which we fail to do

: What's this point, wonder boy...? Spider man...? 

Oh, that I love all katze for 

they know how to make me leap with joy

Jesus' point was to question their laws

The way they made it 

Unbearable 

For the common folk

Now, suppose you and I 

eat with your mother-in-law 

: Who is that?

Well, you know right

Tomorrow's thing.

Your mother-in-law is an Idolater 

because she has no faith in God.

: So?

In the church, the pastor says

Get out, both of you

And we don't know what's the issue

: Okay?

After the service, 

he tells us you ate with an Idolater (m-i-l) 

so you are also an idol worshipper 

: Foolish! Stupid! Wierd!

True, but that's the backstory 

Of every Tax collector

Ostracized from the Jewish community 

They had to eat with Romans

For their profession demanded it

The Pharisees made a law

You cannot go into the Library 

: What do you mean?

Oh oops, they exaggerated the first two laws

If you eat with an Idolater 

it is equal to idol worshipping

Then, they punished the tax collectors 

With these amended laws

Jesus hated such amendments

He said the Law is complete 

And we don't Add or Minus from it

Only if you worship idols, you are guilty

But the Pharisees 

Did not understand 

So Jesus exaggerated 

The people side of the law

He said: if you are angry, 

you will get murder ka punishment 

Unfair! They must have cried

: Oho... So I see

Likewise, He said it's enough to gaze 

at your neighbour's wife 

to become an adulterer for life

Unfair, totally unfair they must've cried

What if she's a beauty queen?

But they are the law makers

Jesus is not yet King, Lord, Savior or Leader 

So they ignored his ideas.

But Jesus made his point

If you make unfair laws for others

God will judge you by the scales you use

Jesus was a critic

Of their unfair law-making style and scales

But our pastors use this exaggerated law

To judge you and I

Oh you gazer

You will go under the geyser

Oh you angry monster

You will burn in gehenna

They condemn you and me

: you're right, Genius. Tell me more!

Hyperboles, Jesus used to tell them 

not to make unfair laws

They used Jesus' hyperboles 

to make more unfair laws 

I wonder what Jesus thinks 

of this genre in the now

:That's a good point. What do you think?

Jesus thinks we must not delay 

but get married soon.

Or else angry you will miss me in gehenna 

And gazer me will be 

under their geyser

What think?

: You are a mischievous boy

And you? A mysterious girl!

: Am I? Are you not?

I'm proposing 

But you can't even see

Through me even now

And, your mystery is eating 

my soul deep from within me

What do you think?

: Of the proposal?

Yeah!

: Sounds good.

Both or hyperboles only. 

: Both. I love you, Genius you are so genuinely foolish. 😘


Without Shapers help,

Loving-Living-Loyally 

Manoj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Jesus Christ, The Light of Life and Love, this Diwali

The Altar of the Unapproved

You Think You Know Me?