Μη Γένοιτο: Reading Greek Like Water While the Head-Hunters Roll
Every campus has its final act, but not everyone survives the curtain call with their spirit intact. This is the raw, unfiltered record of an MTh super-senior navigating institutional pettiness, heavy theology, and the bittersweet ache of leaving a place that tried to lock him out.
Below, you will find two sides of the same coin. First, **Version 1: Low Manoj**, a vulnerable, natural pouring out of the soul in the dark. And because a true rascal never lets the heavy sky crush him entirely, it is followed by **Version 2: Happy Rogue**, a gritty, four-act manifesto of a man who reads Greek like water and turns power trips into punchlines.
Step into the sanctuary. The library might be closed, but the text is wide open.
Version 1. Low Manoj.
*Without These Glasses: Cherishing the Delightful and the Painful*
and even with them, nothing stays for me.
Distances far separate us now,
a ghost in shadows,
weak and powerless beneath the heavy sky,
I am losing my faith as I observe the mighty
and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
They abuse their God-given power,
isolating the ones who need just a tight hug.
Will Marwadis tell me "Don't return"
if turned away from the merciful Lord?
You will never be lonely in your Samaj, the voice lures
God forbid. Μη γένοιτο, as Paul shouts.
I rebuke the noise
and murk my vision of reality.
"Don't worry. All is well."
Holding my breath, I wonder,
will God have mercy on my heavy soul?
The run did good to my aching bones,
how much I miss the times
Am I breaking before leaving
Perhaps I am, despite the poetic expressions
that convey a fake strength I do not own.
I'm not so strong after all.
but now I sense they tease me to the core.
How long can I hide from
I felt it was men,
Is love so precious after all?
I value people in the Lord,
but when will God set me free from the
Hiding my pain, I cry all the more.
I cannot bear her name tarnished,
nor can I bear this terrible isolation.
I want to respect the head-hunters,
yet I miss living, loving,
Hevel, Hevel, said Ecclesiastes,
a friend from the old NT MTh group.
We are super-seniors now.
If these guys only knew where we belong.
Hutz didn't like Manoj ignored—
he was like, let me take a look at
Somebody in the new group said,
as I read the Greek like water,
I was troubled by my own lack of patience,
giving him so much to ponder upon.
Was it wrong to write a whole section for Timothy
as he tried to gather more understanding?
Or was it academic dishonesty
Still, my notes find a way
A few days into his new module,
storming brains, looking for a T-1, T-2, icon,
Response-centered inter-textuality
"She writes well, doesn't she?"
Yet Bubbles wasn't satisfied;
than the method he needed to use.
Who knows? I might use it someday,
if the good Lord lets me remain in this faith.
Not even allowed into the Library,
lest the bosses' babies find it offending.
Until then, Perlego would suffice
I didn't know it has so much
like carrying the library in your mobile,
Prasad sir messaged, "No library today."
I was amazed, for all my friends gazed
as I walked into the He-Brews to finish
Small working models
I removed my glasses in a haste,
lest they feel I'm gazing at them.
For Bubbles would know,
I can barely see long
God knows if I would ever
or if this is the final shadow that falls.
Yet in the clearing fog,
I cherish it all—the old and the new.
Every delightful echo that made me smile,
every painful memory that
I leave them here in the dust and the light,
as I put back my glasses,
Act I: The Blind Rogue and the Power Trips
Without these glasses, I can barely see the target.
But even with them on? I choose not to notice the small-minded ghosts passing by.
Let them isolate us. Distances far separate us anyway.
They told me absolute power corrupts absolutely—
and boy, did the mighty live up to the syllabus.
They abuse their God-given power to lock out the very souls who need a tight hug.
Will the *Marwadi Samaj* bar the doors if I walk away from the kind and merciful Lord?
"You’ll never be lonely in your Samaj," they whispered.
God forbid. *Μη γένοιτο*, as Paul would roar.
I rebuke the noise. You can't silence a voice that knows the ultimate reality, no matter how much you try to murk the vision.
Act II: The Fake Armor and the Father’s Call
Papa called today. The man has radar for my storms.
"Chinta mat karo, sab theik h," I told him.
*Don't worry. All is well.*
A classic rascal lie, delivered with a steady breath.
Will God have mercy on my heavy soul? Who knows.
The run did good to my aching bones, but the campus is running out of track.
Am I breaking before leaving this place forevermore?
Maybe. These poetic lines usually convey a fake strength.
Turns out, I’m not so strong after all.
But let the head-hunter army roll in. They can mock all day long.
One man against a whole brigade? Sounds like a fair fight.
I tried to learn love from the folklore—deep eyes hiding a little grief—but the air is filled with a teasing laughter.
Felt like men’s voices, until I realized it was females singing in a male register.
Is love so precious after all? I value people in the Lord, but man, when will He free me from the self-appointed burden to save one and all?
Act III: Reading Greek Like Water
*Hevel, Hevel.* All is vapor, said Ecclesiastes—an old friend from the MTh crew.
We are super-seniors here. If these new kids only knew where we belong.
Hutz saw them trying to ignore Manoj and stepped up: "Let me see who thinks they can break a guy this cool."
Then the module started. I read the Greek text like water, and watch Bubbles’ jaw hit the floor. Yeah, Manoj is cool.
Nara needed a hand with the PQ and the Outline. I lost my patience a bit—gave him way too much to ponder upon.
Was it academic dishonesty to write that whole section for Timothy?
Call it what you want; my notes still find a way into the new MTh group.
Bubbles took me on a tour of Dr. Havilah’s method based on the images I sent.
Brainstorming T-1, T-2, icons, and response-centered inter-textuality over casual chat.
We sorted his title out, edified by the experts in zero seconds flat.
She writes well, sure, but Bubbles wanted the method, not just the passage.
Maybe I'll use it someday. If the good Lord keeps me in the game.
Act IV: The Digital Sanctuary
All for His glory alone, because in this zone, we are beautiful nobodies.
They won't even let us into the physical Library lest the "bosses' babies" take offense.
Fine. The Principal says Perlego will suffice.
Turns out, you can carry a million-dollar library right in your mobile, even in the dark hours, at a cool price.
On Freedom Day, I ate at the commons. Nice vibe.
Until the big guy decided to show me my place for the rest of the hour.
Prasad sir texted: "No library today."
My friends gazed as I walked straight into *He-Brews* instead, cracking open N.T. Wright’s *Vision of Ephesians* on my screen.
Small working models sat all around me.
I ripped my glasses off in a haste—not out of fear, but so they wouldn't think I was gazing back at their little world.
Because Bubbles knows the truth: without these lenses, I can't see long distances anyway.
Let them stay blurry. The close-up view is where the real fight is.
Comments
Post a Comment